Monday, August 26, 2013

Interview with Mia Sheridan, author of ~Leo~


I’m Mia Sheridan and this is my blog! I’m an avid reader, and now writer! of romance and erotic novels. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio with my husband who is a police officer and my biggest fan (not necessarily in that order). ;) We have four children here on earth and one in heaven. When I’m not sitting on my couch with my head buried in my Kindle, I can be found writing or doing anything creative from building a patio, to sewing pillows. The wild hairs I get know no bounds. Leo is my debut novel, but my head is swimming with more…

  • Tell us something about you. What means writing for you?

    I find that writing is a great way to express myself without having to actually talk about specific issues that I might be dealing with! It can be great therapy. :D But it's also a really great way just to lose yourself in someone else's life. It's kind of the best of both worlds as far as losing yourself and finding yourself!

      • Were you scared about people's reaction when they read your book for the first time?

        Oh my goodness, terrified. It's so hard to send a book out into the world because as an author, there's so much of yourself in it. But to be honest, I had no idea that so many people would read it at all. So it was unexpected and slightly difficult too. I'm still getting used to it!

          • Who is your favorite author and which is your favorite book? Can you recommend us a book?

            Hmmm… in the genre? I really love Colleen Hoover and I think that "Losing Hope," is beautiful and brilliant as is "Hopeless."

              • Tell us something about your series, Sign of Love. How would you describe it?

                The Sign of Love series will have a book based on each of the twelve astrological signs. I thought it would be really interesting to take a character with the innate characteristics of a sign and throw some life events at them that would have them veer off the path that they would naturally take. How would they fight to return to who they were meant to be? What would that look like? So each book will explore that question. ;)

                  • Is it hard being an author?

                    Sometimes. I think it's like any other job that you love. You have good days where everything flows, and bad days where you're frustrated and feel like giving up!

                      • Which book do you wish you could have written?

                        The Game of Thrones series is absolutely phenomenal. I have NO idea how he keeps all of his characters and stories within stories straight. A true master!

                          • If you were a supernatural creature, which creature would you be?

                            One whose power was to halt time! I could come up with all kinds of cool things to do with that!

                              • Does music inspire you? What kind of music do you like to listen?

                                Absolutely! I have a playlist for every book and listen to it constantly while writing.

                                  • Do you have another project in your mind?

                                    I do! I actually have my next storyline in mind but I need to decide which sign makes the most sense for my character. :)

                                      • Would you like to say something to your readers?

                                        Just how much I appreciate every single one. I have met the COOLEST people through this experience and it's so heartwarming to connect to awesome readers all over the world – truly amazing!

                                        Thank you so, so much Mrs. Mia for the interview! What do you think guys? Have you read Leo? 

                                        No comments: